It’s hard to find how to add f.e. Google search as the search option in Microsoft Edge. Here you can find the most easiest way to do.
- Start the Microsoft Edge browser
- Browse to f.e. www.google.com/search (change .com into the for you preferred language, see also step 8.). Keep in mind, when you enter the website, the browser redirects you to another url. But that’s fine.
- Click in the right corner on the dots
- Next click on Settings
- Click on “View Advanced Settings”
- Scroll down and click on “Change search engine”
- Now you can see the current default search engine but you can also see the browsed search engine.
- Click on the searched search engine. In this case it’s www.google.nl
- Click on “Set as default”.
- You are ready to use google as search engine in Microsoft Edge now.
We discussed about google as search engine. Do you prefer another search engine. It works in the same way.